Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

radeon x300/x550/x1050 series no sound out Dvi

This is a discussion on radeon x300/x550/x1050 series no sound out Dvi within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Windows 7 shows: radeon x300/x550/x1050 serie. So it's either 1 of these 3 graphic cards, how can i find out

Old 12-17-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Windows 7 shows: radeon x300/x550/x1050 serie. So it's either 1 of these 3 graphic cards, how can i find out which one exactly it is?

Now i got a DVI to HDMI cable, DVI coming out the back of the Graphics card converting to HDMI to go into the HD TV. ( The Graphics/picture is great but no sound) I've looked and read that sound ON SOME cards can be supported if some sort of configuration is done. Whether or not i can get sound running through this specfic card is yet to be known, that's why i hope someone knows the answer and can possibly help me out ??

Thanks

Looking forward to a reply :D

Old 12-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

The early x series came out LONG before ati started supporting hdmi output through the dvi ports on their cards and long before the cards supported their own sound. Those features are only on their 2000 series or higher.

If it's an HD tv there will be a "pc connection" for older machine along with a standard headphone type plug for sound.
emosun is offline   Reply With Quote