Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radeon Mobility HD 5730 in my M15x

976 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tyree 
#1 ·
Hey, I have an Alienware M15x laptop with windows 7 64 bit and a Mobility HD 5730 graphics card in it. When I play any game, doesnt matter what it is, WoW, Empire Total War, Skyrim, BF2, my cursor will randomly enlarge and my computer freezes. The mouse enlarges when I'm not playing games too but I can simply change the resolution and then revert it back and it fixes the problem without a freeze. But it is when I am in a game that it will do this and freeze and cause me to have to do a manual restart. I have tried to update the drivers but the device manager says everything is up to date, and when i try to update manually it will say that I have a different type of card in. This has happened before, but was not as persistent, and then it stopped. Now it is happening every time I run a game, and it is not going away. I have no clue as to what to do. I am thinking about putting a new card in my laptop, but that seems very complicated. If push comes to shove I'm thinking about just selling this laptop and buying a new one. Any help on how i can fix this problem and save myself from spending another $1000 on a new laptop?

#2 ·
Have you checked the temps in the Bios?
Have you tried cleaning the cpu heatsing/fan?
Try using the laptop elevated to allow more fresh air to the underside.

Laptops are designed for convenience and do not make good gamers. They do not have the ability to effectively dissipate the added stress/heat generated by gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.