Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

problems with rgb cable

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 ·
Hi all, initially I never had any problems linking my notebook to my TV via an RGB cable so I could watch movies on the bigger screen it provided. Then, for some reason it just stopped working. When I connect the cable to the computer it makes a noise to recognise that 'something' is being plugged in (the same noise as when you plug in or out a USB device) but the TV tells me there's no signal. I changed the display settings but all I've been able to do is get my desktop background photo to display on my TV, although it's very blotchy and pixelated.
I've got zero technical knowledge but this problem originally happened with a different TV - it worked fine for months then just stopped one day for no apparent reason but I circumvented the issue by using a USB stick and my PS3 instead. Now I don't have that option and it's happening with a different TV so I'm guessing something has changed in my PC settings somewhere. It worked fine before so I know my notebook can handle it. If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful, I hate watching movies on the tiny screen!

#2 ·
If you are seeing the background image, then it's connecting. You will need to change the desktop resolution (on the second monitor/TV) to match the native resolution of that device (TV).

If you can't change the resolution, then try updating the video drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.