Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

problem with an Asus graphic card

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MonsterMiata 
#1 ·
hello everybody!

it's my first post here so bear with me :)

i have a problem with an Asus graphic card. i installed a fresh copy of windows XP on a friends computer and everything works great until i install the graphic card. XP freezes for the first time even before the graphic card is installed completely. i have to reset the machine, because it completely unresponsive. then i log back in XP and everything works fine for a while, the graphics are as they should be, i can set the resolution and screen refresh rate and everything. and then after 5 or maybe 10 minutes it freezes again and the only solution is to hit the reset button.

i have tried a bunch of different drivers and it's always the same story.

the graphic cars is Asus 7600GS/HTD/250MG, which has a nvidia G73 chip.
device id from device manager is "02E1".

the motherboard is a QDI Kudoz 7x/400A. i noticed there a few bad capacitors on the MB. but i wanna be sure those are to blame, before i start replacing them.

i have a factory CD and the driver there is "win2K/XP 91.31" driver which should be the right one for this card. i tried downloading the same driver from internet and its same story.

now, i don't really have any more smart ideas and i'm hoping one of you guys here might know what could be the problem.

p.s. sorry, about my bad english. i'm from slovenia and a little rusty :)

thx!

Klemen

See less See more
#2 ·
If the Mobo has bad caps then the Mobo needs to be replaced.
That may or may not be relating to your graphics problems but it certainly needs to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.