Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelated images, videos, pictures [moved from Vista/ Windows 7]

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  shotgn 
#1 · (Edited)
hi i have been having this wierd problem for weeks now. When i start up my computer and go to the login screen i notice the image of the windows background and the display picture is out of quality looks low quality. My pictures has these little pixelated dots around the edges and in certain areas where there are alot of colours. even web videos on youtube, dailymotion, megavideo, etc and web pictures, images. I notice them in my pictures in my picture folder and media player videos like WMP and VLC. they have pixelated quality in them. I noticed this some weeks ago.

heres and example of what it looks like.

The 1st screenshot is what the video quality looks like.
on websites like youtube, dailymotion, etc.

The 2nd is what my pictures look like. In my picture folder and on google. I notice ads with pictures have these pixelated dots as well.

My windows task bar and the texts looks clear as day. And not pixelated like theses ones shown.

Texts on browser looks clear as day. The problems are on videos, images, pictures. both off-line and online.

I dont know if it is a windows problem, program problem or hardware problem.

I have a 9600gt and it is up to date with the latest driver versions. And in game looks fine and normal. No pixel lated crap.

please help me out thx. :upset:

It is not my monitor for sure because its 1 month old.

my graphic card is 1 year old.

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
another example of the pixelated issue...

this is what my images and pictures look like even on adds i see those little pixelated dots of bitmaps of wateva...and no i dont think i have fried my video card because the texts are clear and the task bar is clear as day just pictures, images and videos onweb and off web. little pixels artifacts or watever.

#10 ·
Is that 67C at idle or while running something graphically-intensive like a video or fullscreen game?

If it's at idle, it should be around 40-45C. High GPU temperatures and/or incorrect voltages can cause artifacts.

What make and model is your 500W PSU, and what are the voltages in BIOS?

What's your case ventilation like? Have you cleaned out the dust from inside the case and cleaned any dirt off the GPU fan?

Please post a full sized screenshot. Your pictures are too small to see the artifacts properly.

#11 · (Edited)
I cant take a full size screen shot when they are just pictures , images and videos...........if you red my question properly it only happens in pictures, images, videos, windows task bar and texts are clear as day. In game nothing is wrong. And if you look closely at the first picture i attached thats what it looks like..............

I have cleaned my vents and computer out ive been sitting here 24 hours trying to solve this mystery.................its not pleasant.............

#13 ·
IF it were a hardware issue, it would affect the entire screen. As it is only with certain images or pictures, I'd suspect a driver issue. If it's only while browsing on the internet, it could also be browser related...try a different browser.

#14 · (Edited)
I dont know if its a driver problem, hardware problem or windows problem. because i have uninstalled my drivers and when i was about to update it to the latest i still notice the problem.

I have tired a different browser same problem, even not on the internet normal pictures in my picture file has the same problem and my videos aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.