Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NVIDIA 8600 GT Temperature: is this normal?

9K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Wrench97 
#1 ·
I just actually had my video card replaced since it was fried, and i got the new card from HP, and it actually runs a few degrees cooler than the other one, but I'm still thinking it's a bit hot.

Idling, it runs between 57 and 61 degrees Celsius, and while playing Team Fortress 2, it runs steadily at 73-75 degrees Celsius. I'm not so worried as much about the idling temp as i am about the gaming temp.

When benchmarking it, it runs around 67-70 degrees C.

Is any of this normal or is it running too hot?

#5 ·
I honestly don't know, I have a retail PC from HP, I'm wanting to build my own computer because most of the parts are proprietary. My computer is a pavilion elite m9000t, maybe you can find it somewhere? All i know about it is that it's 350 watts. I recently got my nvidia control panel to work correctly, and i can set the fan options, I'm trying to get the fan to rev up more than it normally would when it gets to 65-70 degrees Celsius

#7 ·
So my 350 watt isn't enough to power my 8600gt? The original system had an 8400gs and the support agent upgraded it because he was nice. haha, It's the same power connector to the motherboard as the 8400gs, but it is a larger card.

I was thinking of overclocking the gpu but I don't think that's a good idea with a 350 watt psu? This is why I want to build my own computer, no proprietary parts, and ill have enough power to do what i want with the system T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.