Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Build Problem

655 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  inertialdrift 
#1 ·
I have build numerous computers before.
However this build is such a pain in the butt. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Problem: Monitor doesn't receive video input signal from my video card. Also my keyboard and mouse do not light up. HOWEVER I see my computer case fans, harddrive, and disc drive working.

Here is the funny kicker, at times sometimes it works and boot completely fine or at times it should have the problem I just mention earlier. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My spec:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
i7 2600k (Have not OC)
Corsair 16gb ram
MSI P67A-G45 (B3)
750 watts Corsair PSU
Geforce GTX 260 (Both power connectors for GPU are plugged in)
60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
1TB Western Digital Black Caviar SATA
USB Microsoft Mouse
USB Logitech Keyboard

I have at times keep resetting, resetting or just completely switch off my PSU and let it sit before powering them up again.

Again at times it works or at times it doesn't. It feels like it wants to work whenever.

I have gone thru many old threads regarding with similar problems but I have yet to see a proper solution to getting it fixed. Maybe I can pick someone of you guy's brain.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
The machine is having trouble posting (since the kb and mouse also do not respond) , most likely since you're using so much ram , one stick could be bad or just buggy.

Try it with only one stick of ram inserted , try each stick alone in the machine.

#3 ·
I won't lie, right now I am replying back to you from my desktop right now and I've done absolutely nothing and it booted completely. I will have to see if this will be a trend.

I did however updated the video card driver along with other Marvell ATA device and SM Bus controller drive. Everything in my device manager is clean with no yellow (!) marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.