Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

Need resolution 1600x1050 on Intel Chipset 910GL

This is a discussion on Need resolution 1600x1050 on Intel Chipset 910GL within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I don't know where this thread belongs, but if it's in the wrong place I'm sure a mod will move

Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

I don't know where this thread belongs, but if it's in the wrong place I'm sure a mod will move it to the right place.

I have a 22" widescreen computer monitor and the optimal resolution for it is 1600x1050, but this resolution is not listed under Control Panel-->Display-->Settings. I looked up which chipset I have on the mainboard; it's Intel 910GL from the 82915G/GV chipset family. I am not using a graphics card on this computer.

Someone at this link responded to another person's inquiry similar to mine and said that the driver does support a similar 1680x1050 resolution. However, I did download this driver from Intel's website and neither 1680x1050 nor 1600x1050 resolutions became available at Control Panel-->Display-->Settings.

I'm not sure how to make 1600x1050 resolution available. Any help is appreciated. =)

Old 02-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Well when you got that driver the 1680x1050 option wasn't listed because that higher then the monitor supports.1600x1050 isn't a common resolution and it's very possible it simply doesn't support it , many onboard gpu cannot reach certain resolutions.
emosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread