Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

NEED HELP! INNO3D GF 9500 GT DDR2 1GB GRAPHICS CARD TROUBLESHOOTING

This is a discussion on NEED HELP! INNO3D GF 9500 GT DDR2 1GB GRAPHICS CARD TROUBLESHOOTING within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Guys, I am currently having a huge problem with my INNO3D graphics card and I hope you could really

Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Guys, I am currently having a huge problem with my INNO3D graphics card and I hope you could really help me solve this problem.

The graphics is card is good when I installed at first: now when I install the graphics card driver downloaded from nvidia geforce online then restarted the unit, (after loading to windows) their is no desktop but only pinkish colors (using XP Machine) / their is no picture at the desktop at all total black and nothings happening (using Windows 7 Machine) and the keyboard and mouse no longer functioning.
The only fix is, when I return it to the "last know good configuration" when I go to safe mode selection (F8). It will go back to normal but off course 3D function is disabled since there is no graphics driver no 3D games and Applications can be run to the System.
I believe their is something wrong with the GPU, but I hope their is still a way to fix it, guys I'm counting on you, what do you think should I do.
One more thing, I can not install the old version of the graphics driver since I can not find it on the internet and I don't have the driver CD since I only bought it to someone which I could not find and return the Item suppose to be since I cannot get it to work.
Many thanks to all who could help me!!!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
Registered Member

older drivers are here
Windows XP/2000 Driver Archive

this one is specific to this card
NVIDIA DRIVERS 178.24 WHQL

Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

PC Specs?
Pre- Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built- Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

@kbekl : thanks for the post I'll try it and send feed back if it fixes it.

@tyree : PC Spec: EMAXX i-cafe Mobo, AMD AM2 X2 2.0Ghz, 1GB Ram, Graphics (INNO 3D GF 9500 - needs help). for the mean time my unit is in built in graphics mode since I can not use the graphics card yet. Many thanks for the help, (badly need solution to it)
Old 03-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Registered Member

I'm running my system with Windows7 OS, I can not install driver only for XP.
Sorry
Old 03-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
Registered Member

have you tried just using windows update instead of the drivers from nvidia and see how you get on their try to delete the current drivers on the system first thou i found when i had issues with catalyst the windows update option worked fine

Quote:
Before you start, do NOT do any of the steps in safe mode. This is due to programming changes in the "Nvidia compiled package" of software.

step 1.
Go to add and remove programs and uninstall all Nvidia software. A few system restarts might be required. It's best to remove the display driver first. This is automaticaly uninstall everything but the 3D and physix drivers.

step 2.
Go into folder options (Type folder opt in the windows 7 start menu search).
Folder options can also be found in control panel. click view, then click "show hidden files and folders". Apply.
Go onto your C drive (Which ever drive windows is installed on) and delete the Nvidia folder.

step 3.
Go into program files folder. Remove the NVIDIA Corporation folder.
Repeat this step for the program files x86 folder.

step 4.
Go into program data and remove all Nvidia folder/s.

step 5.
Go into users, "your user name", App data and then Roaming. Remove the Nvidia folder. You might also want to take a quick look in the "Local" folder for Nvidia folders, but this is unlikely to be.

step 6.
Go back into folder options and click "Don't show hidden files, folders and drives"

step 7. Go into registry editor. Type "Regedit" into the start menu search and press enter.

step 8. (Caution, follow instructions carefully)
Look at the left side of your screen. We will be navigating through some folders here. Use the arrow at the side of a folder to open it for extended options.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software and click NVIDIA Corporation. Don't click on the arrow at the side of the nvidia folder. We don't want to extend this folder. Just click the actual folder or folder name once to highlight it. Press the delete key on your keyboard.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SOFTWARE and click the NVIDIA Corporation folder. Again, don't extend this folder. We just want to highlight it. Once highlighted, press the delete key on your keyboard. Now extend the Wow6432Node folder and highlight the NVIDIA Corporation folder. Once highlighted with the click of the mouse, press the delete key on your keyboard.

step 9. Close regedit and your good to go.

Please note, you might not see some of the Nvidia folders listed in these instructions. Why might you not? because the uninstaller might have removed them, which is good. For those folders left behind, steps 1 to 8 will ensure you find and delete them.

Guide by Bradley Worthington, Overclock.net
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Registered Member

by the way I have tried letting windows 7 detect the device at first. Windows7 detected it and directly installed the driver needed for the graphics card but yet the same, after restart same problem. Then fixing it with Restore to last known good configuration, the problem is gone but graphics driver is not there. (so it means no 3D gaming software and other 3D application is working).

I'll try executing your post by Bradley Worthington, then I'll tell you what happen soon.

thanks!!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #8
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

these are the specs you need to post

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them