Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

Monitor not coming out of sleep mode

This is a discussion on Monitor not coming out of sleep mode within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, I'm not sure if this is a video card thing. I am running a Gigabyte motherboard, GA-965P-DS3 and an

Old 03-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

Ok, I'm not sure if this is a video card thing.

I am running a Gigabyte motherboard, GA-965P-DS3 and an XFX Geforce 8800video card, and Vista 64. The problem is, when I leave my computer for awhile and the monitor goes into "sleep" mode, it won't come out on it's own when I move the mouse or hit a key. I need to shut the monitor off and turn it back on for it to finally work. Anyone else have this problem? And is this a monitor or windows function?

BTW, the monitor is a Balance 19" LCD, if that makes a difference.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to MaverickUK

Do you 'need' the sleep function? I had a similar problem earlier on in the year and cannot actually remember how i resolved the issue - you could always just remove the sleep function. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE whilst it is in sleep mode, see if this wakes it - if it does then the issue is probably due to a driver and Vista incompatibility or conflict.

You could try disabling "Power management" in BIOS and Windows, see if this helps.

Nick.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the response. This sounds like it is a BIOS function then? It's not a problem to disable it, unless there is a fix. But with running Vista 64, I guess I need to open to things that don't have a fix yet :)
Old 03-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to MaverickUK

It may be BIOS related, it all depends on the results after you try what was suggested. You will however have to change the options in both BIOS and Windows.

Nick.