Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

m11x graphics card problems

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  emosun 
#1 ·
hi guys
I bought an alienware m11x r2 about a year ago from ebay (so i have no warrenty!) and I've recently encountered a problem with my graphics card when updating it to 280.26. I tried to switch it to save power mode and it just wouldnt respond, a few minuits later the screen went went black then returned to the desktop saying the card was in save power, but then i tried to switch it back for a game and it just wont :'( so i fiddled about a bit and managed to do something called a 'clean install' which restarted my computer and put the resolution to 800x600 and still didnt fix the problem. So i then tried to update it again to 280.26 and it updated... but still didnt work. so whenever i try to open the nvidia control panel it says that 'you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu. I HAVE RUN OUT OF STUFF TO TRY. extensive googling was done and the only 2 solutions were to 'get it fixed' (i dont have a warrenty, and really dont want to fork out cash for something i might be able to fix) and another for a different card but same problems, that just said, update drivers. i ave tried MANY times to update and each time it comes out with 'no nvidia product detected' (or something similar)

ANY help would be very much appretiated, even if you do say its unfixable and needs to be sent away (i dread the thought)

thanks very much

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.