Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

horizontal flickering on screen

This is a discussion on horizontal flickering on screen within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. my computer screen flickers with horizontal lines, this problem occurs mostly when im watching videos on youtube or even videos

Old 09-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

my computer screen flickers with horizontal lines, this problem occurs mostly when im watching videos on youtube or even videos on my computer at full screen. if i turn my resolution down the problem goes away. also if i am watching a video on my computer and i shrink the screen size it also removes the problem, another strange thing is that when im on chrome and this problem occurs the top bar that contains the tab im in doesnt flicker along with the screen.
ive read something about overclocking, but i didnt pay much attention to that during school lol
my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7025/ NVIDIA nForce 630a, i am using a vga on a 52" sony Bravia.
i want to get a new graphics card for watching movies and what not but will it fix this problem?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horizontal flickering on Monitor
Hello all! I have come with a problem after recently purchasing my new Asus Nvidia Graphics card from a previous thread. Anyhow, I'm pretty chatty and detailed, but I'm gonna get to the point this time around~ -Asus Motherboard -Graphics Card -Monitor (Samsung Syncmaster 920NW 1440x900 60hz) ...
badgood Video Card Support 6 01-11-2012 10:12 AM
Screen Flickering
Around the start of this month i had trouble booting. The screen flashed at the welcome screen and the pc rebooted itself, and then hanged at the windows logo a couple of times, but then i managed to get it to start on the next reboot. Was fine for a few days then I turned the pc on and left the...
ant9985 Video Card Support 29 01-06-2012 02:59 PM
Screen Flickering during gameplay
My screen starts flickering whenever i play games on my pc. I dont know wether its my video card or my LCD monitor. I'm on windows xp sp3. PC SPECS are: 3.00ghz intel pentium processor 128mb intel express chipset 910GL graphics (Onboard) 3.00gb memory SOMEBODY HELP!!!!
agent 47 Video Card Support 4 11-08-2011 09:42 PM
Flickering Screen
The operating system is XP...In Outlook 2003, while typing in the body of an email, the signature flickers? In addition, the screen flickers when opening a spreadsheet in excel...Can anyone tell me the root cause? Does anyone have a fix to this issue?
calan1 Microsoft Office support 0 05-11-2011 09:25 PM
HP 6510b screen flickering
The screen on my HP 6510b is flickering. Any ideas as to what is causing this?
brew1050 Laptop Support 1 05-11-2011 09:28 AM