Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

Help setting up computer display to HDTV.

This is a discussion on Help setting up computer display to HDTV. within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I want to be able to play SC2 on my PC and have it display on my 52" HDTV at

Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

Red Faced

I want to be able to play SC2 on my PC and have it display on my 52" HDTV at the same time.

I don't have HDMI on my video card. The only ports are the VGA that goes to the monitor on my desk. I then have that round S-VIDEO port and the DVI that are being unused. So, I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Now, there's 40' between my computer and my HDTV. So, I had to buy 2 20' HDMI cables. But, I couldn't seem to find anything to link the two ends. So, I decided to buy an "4 in - 1 out" HDMI switch the link the two lengths of HDMI cord. I've plugged the HDMI cord into the HDMI3 slot on the back of my HDTV.

Well, when I switch to the HDMI3 input, the television says there's "no signal". I've gone to the computer, and set up the display options for two monitors with no result. This is as far as I've gone. I don't know what to do next.

I would really appreciate some pointers. Is there any additional steps to get the TV to recognize the connection? Do I have to update the drivers to my video card? Is 40' of HDMI just to long to have any success? Is the switch screwing things up?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Senior Tech hardware team

My System

Try connecting the TV up while it is closer with a shorter cable to rule that out. Not sure if the distance makes a difference or not. When I got my Samsung 26" Monitor I hooked it up easily to the 2nd DVI port and my other monitor also worked, before I used the 26" one permanently.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
System Tool Infection - please help
I seem to have acquired a virus (?) called System Tool on my new laptop and would very much appreciate your help. I'm afraid I do not have much technical knowledge, so please bear with me! I have visited the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help forum and am working my way through the "New...
Rosie Rabbit Resolved HJT Threads 31 02-20-2011 07:35 AM
Windows Vista BSOD Errors [moved from Vista/7]
This is on a Windows Vista laptop.. various BSODs have been occuring for months.. would like to find a solution. Hello.. this series of BSOD's is occuring on a Windows XP laptop.. would like help with it. This is just today's log. Log Name: System Source: bowser Date: ...
vapiD BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-04-2011 04:12 AM
Computer Does not start up - Freezes CONSTANTLY when running.
Hello all, This is my last resort to figure out why Bert (my computer) is dieing on me. He is a 1 year old computer with Windows Vista 64 bit (Instal, not upgrade) Service pack 1, with 4 gb of Ram, a 500gb hard drive, and a 3.0GHz quad-core processor. Lately, ive had troubles with him...
Quinton595 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 17 01-16-2011 07:53 PM
Duplicate display adapter keeps reinstalling itself.
Firstly, THANK YOU in advance for reading this and being willing to help out!!! I truly appreciate it! I have scoured the internet for help, but I have found nothing at all, only many "almost" similar cases that offered no help. I have a simple netbook - Dell Inspiron 910, with Windows XP Home...
Tophat_Nate Laptop Support 0 01-02-2011 10:50 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 04:41 PM