Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] GeForce 9800GT issues

8K views 65 replies 5 participants last post by  Wrench97 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
A mod from the Terry Pratchett forum suggest I post my issue here.

I have been having video trouble for a week now. I have had to do 2 system recoveries and numerous video driver re-installs.

Here is the link to the Hardware Diagnostic tool which came with my HP PC. Obviously, I have upgraded the video card:

file:///C:/Users/Andy/Desktop/Test%20Event%20Logs%20-%20NVIDIA%20GeForce%209800%20GT.html

I'm hoping someone can interpret this data and tell me if the video card is shot, or if the driver is giving me problems?

Thanks in advance,

#33 · (Edited)
#35 ·
Re: GeForce 9800GT issues

I'll get the 3 year warranty from Future Shop ($19.99). That way, I can take it straight to a store if needed, I'm in Nova Scotia, so, no NCIX stores near me.

Does anyone know what the warranty on my current card is? I searched, but could not find any info.

#36 ·

Order it online. Above card, express delivery (1-2 days) to NS - $8.

#38 ·

..same as the title of the post.

I bought the HD7770 and a power supply. It's not quick as good as the 650, but funds are tight. I'm very happy with my current card anyway, so I don't want/need more.
I was on live chat with Nvidia last night. I was inquiring about warranty, but they were not helpful.

#39 ·

Nvidia makes the chipsets & drivers and sell them to GPU manufacturer's. If you need support for the GPU, contact the GPU manufacturer.

#42 ·
#45 ·
#43 ·

No hassles if you include all required info, but figure six weeks. And the actual rebate will be more like $22 after the 'processing fee' is deducted.

#49 ·

The other thing I never mentioned throughout all of this, is that when my system reboots, or when I start it, I see a lot of $$$$$ randomly all over the DOS screen. Is that to be expected?
Is this happening using the new HD7750 and the Cooler Master 525w?
What's the complete Model Number of the PSU?

#54 ·

What is Microsoft.NET Framework?
When I try to install the latest video driver 327.23 one of the "custom install" items is Microsoft.NET Framework 4. I believe I currently have 3.5, even though the installer says "none". If I try to install "4" the install cancels.

I just tried again, but the install failed:

#55 ·

.net is a programing language used to write/compile the Nvidia software(not the driver).

.net should come through Windows update version 4 may be listed as a optional update since there are some prerequisite updates/fixes that need to be installed first.

Do you have any failed or pending updates?> How can I tell if my computer is up to date?

#56 ·

Yup!

I'm downloading it now. Does it look like the latest driver, or something else? Looks like something else to me; specially since I just checked for a driver update last night.
Weird that I didn't get a notification?

#58 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.