Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

Flicking squares (mainly taskbar)

This is a discussion on Flicking squares (mainly taskbar) within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I've been having a problem for a few days now where I keep seeing these odd flickering squares on

Old 04-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I've been having a problem for a few days now where I keep seeing these odd flickering squares on my screen. They seem to come up when I'm browsing the internet, and move in position when I scroll.

I think this is a graphics card related issue, but if it isn't please could a moderator move me to an appropriate section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	108_1515.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	107744

Click image for larger version

Name:	108_1516.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	107745

Graphics card = 6870
OS = Windows 7 64 bit

Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi have you tried updating or reinstalling the video driver could you also give the full spec of your machine ie desktop or laptop make and model if a custom build then make and model of
motherboard
gpu
cpu
ram
psu

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Volunteer

My System

I have got a similar problem on my Acer Aspire One AO751h. I don't exactly know how to
describe it but it's very close to this! They're flickering rectangles! Now white though. I
tried to get a screenshot but the screenshot is normal! I just upgraded my OS to Windows 7
Home Basic two days ago. I think the problem started after I installed the Intel Graphics
Media Accelerator 500, which is the latest version of the driver. The funny thing is that
it happens only in the taskbar and the top part of IE9! And, it flickers to the way I
scroll!!! It doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time! It even gets to my Start
Menu. I don't want to uninstal the driver 'cause without it my resolution goes upto on
1024x78, which sucks! What do I do!?!
System Configuration:
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z520 @ 1.33GHz
2.0GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Basic x86

Submit New Articles Here

Linux User #565010

It's never about how good you are, it's about how much you can change lives.
Babbzzz is offline   Reply With Quote