Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

Dual Monitor Switch Back [RESOLVED]

This is a discussion on Dual Monitor Switch Back [RESOLVED] within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, We have a user who uses dual monitors for his computer (Nvidia Quadro FX 1100 Graphic Card). He'll

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all,

We have a user who uses dual monitors for his computer (Nvidia Quadro FX 1100 Graphic Card). He'll be going away for a week so he took 1 monitor with him. Now we only got 1 monitor for his computer. However, that monitor will not display anything after the windows loading screen. I can go into bios and stuff, but as soon as windows finishes loading, the display vanishes. I'm in Windows right now and can hear/type/login, just no display. The system was also working fine when he had dual monitors.

If possible, please help and thanks.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Codeman0013 Send a message via MSN to Codeman0013 Send a message via Yahoo to Codeman0013

So you only have one monitor plugged into the pc right now? If this is the case its using what used to be the other one as the default. Have you switched the monitor on the video card to the other input to see if that helps any?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yea I tried that, switched to the other port, also rebooted several times, but still nothing.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Try booting into Safe Mode. Then you can set the display to single.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
Registered Member

Ah, I didn't think about safe mode.

Everything works now, thanks.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #6
Registered Member

i will suggest you go for Best Monitor Switch