Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

Driver issues

This is a discussion on Driver issues within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When ever i installed my brand new ATI radeon 5500 HD card without the display drivers my PC works fine

Old 12-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

When ever i installed my brand new ATI radeon 5500 HD card without the display drivers my PC works fine but as soon as i install them all of a sudden it BSODs when i restart my PC

Windows XP SP3
AMD athlon x2 3.0ghz processor
4 gigs of ram
200GB harddrive
N68S motherboard (Nividia)

Old 12-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

You need to disable the onboard video and uninstall the nvidia drivers for it to work. or you could just install a nvidia card.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

Try disabling the Nvidia drivers as suggested my MonsterMiata.
An Nvidia GPU might be a better choice to avoid conflicts with the Nvidia chipset on the AsRock Mobo.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Registered Member

thanks
Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware

You're welcome.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 freezes at startup (HiJack This Log)
Out of the blue my Windows 7 x64 laptop started having problems. Every time I boot it will get to the desktop and LOOK fine, but if I try to open anything it is completely unresponsive. Eventually it will notify me that Windows is not responding and offer to restart or wait. If I restart the...
slhaas Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 08-01-2011 12:29 PM
[SOLVED] network connections list empty
Hello, I was on xp forum for a while because of a bad virus problem. Lucky enough, with some help I got my .exe fixed so I can now open most of the programs. Im not sure how to describe this, but I had Windows antivirus pro in the computer and I think I've removed it but it caused multiple issues....
silvijamck Resolved HJT Threads 62 07-06-2011 01:04 PM
[SOLVED] PSU concern
I have a PSU that is no brander and im not sure if this is safe, I'm running a ati HD 4300/4500 but I'm unable to find out how much power that needs, But i connected another small screen that runs of a intergrated GPU on the motherboard, Will this take up additional Power and is it safe?...
entrity RAM and Power Supply Support 11 05-05-2011 03:31 AM
Error 132 issues with WoW
Hello everyone. I've posted on the WoW Tech support forums several times with no real success, so I figured I'd give this a shot. Getting 132 errors during gameplay at least a few times a day, and I have no idea what is causing the issues. Appreciate any help! Latest crash log: ...
Rossdale PC Gaming Support 6 04-13-2011 02:10 AM
Spyware/Malware Help
Hi I have followed your first step instructions reset my internet options etc but my browser is still redirecting me to all different websites that I do not choose and also is running quite slow. My browser is redirecting me through the following url and then onto different websites...
kbabe28 Resolved HJT Threads 22 01-20-2011 05:44 AM