Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Techie19 
#1 ·
The other day I was on CNN.com and was watching one of their videos about some news. The graphics on the screen looked very distorted and all of a sudden the browser crashed (Firefox). A pop up message came up on my desktop saying, "Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

I noticed that this problem only happens when visiting CNN.com and watching their news videos. It doesn't happen on YouTube or any other site where videos are involved.

Anybody have an idea whats going on? Thanks.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Flash is up to date, but the video driver wasn't. Will download and install and post findings. Thanks.

So I went ahead and update the graphics driver to the latest version available from Intel: Intel Q43Q45 Graphics Driver v8.15.10.2413. Still having the same problem though.

As I mentioned in my original post, the problem only occurs with Firefox and not IE9. I am running the latest version of Firefox from Mozilla.

Any thoughts?

#5 ·
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didnt reply sooner. I'm now experiencing the same issue with IE9. I'm thinking its a problem with the built in graphics motherboard graphics of my PC. Then again, the problem is only when watching videos online, not on all sites. Primarily on CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.