Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

dell/ati video card vtx1300dmspci

This is a discussion on dell/ati video card vtx1300dmspci within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i have a dell studio 540s running win7. called dell and ordered a video card and they suggested and sent

Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

i have a dell studio 540s running win7. called dell and ordered a video card and they suggested and sent the ati radeon vtx1300dmspci video card. instruction stated simply to disable onboard video, power down, install new card. after restart when os says "new hardware found" insert cd and install drivers.

i did everything but the cd part. computer will not recognize the video card. under device manage the pci to pci bridge says it will not start (code 10)

if anyone can help or need more info please please do so.

Thanks.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Are you using the blue VGA port or the White DVI port?
A lot of the older cards only output vga(the system used to display the splash screen that says Dell and the bios pages) signal on the Blue VGA port.

The 1300 is a pretty old card for a win7 system.

Wrench97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

it has a white dvi port and a round black port. i am using the white.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Team Manager, Gaming
Microsoft MVP

Ah 1/2 height card I missed the s for slim line after the 540 :)

That will output correctly through the single port.

As long as the card is fully inserted in the slot and you had the monitor hooked to it after setting the bios to PCIe first and rebooting, I think you may have received a bad card.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
Registered Member

i can't set the bios to PCIe or anything else. bios has no setting for video.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #6
Team Manager, Gaming
Microsoft MVP

If there is nothing listed under Integrated Peripherals in the advanced menu then the bios will automatically switch to a add in card when installed, providing of course the card is good. Personally I would recheck the card is actually what you want, the ATI 1300 series card is a DX9 card from about 2006 and uses Legacy drivers on Win 7.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
Registered Member

Okay. That sounds like the best route to take. Thank you very much for your time and advice.