Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

Can USB 2.0 connectors carry Video between a laptop and a HD TV?

This is a discussion on Can USB 2.0 connectors carry Video between a laptop and a HD TV? within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'd like to watch Netflix Videos streamed to my Computer over the internet on my HDTV TV but don't know

Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'd like to watch Netflix Videos streamed to my Computer over the internet on my HDTV TV but don't know if I can use standard "A" USB 2.0 connectors to do so . Both my CPU and TV have USB standard "A" connectors , but will they carry video AND audio? At what resolution? Do they make USB cables w/ Standard "A" connectors ( ie, rectangular connectors) on each end?

My other option is an old 15 pin Monitor connector from my CPU through a Red, Yellow ( ie, Audio), White (Video) RCA Phono plug type cable ( do they still exist??). This would yield no better than VGA resolution, Correct?

Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Usb doesn't carry video in the fashion you describe.

If you have an HDTV it will have a "pc input" on the back that should have a native vga connection and a port for the audio. This will support 1080p.
emosun is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Startup time from 75 seconds to 165 seconds. What is wrong?
Hello forum. I have a month-old Dell Inspiron N7010 Core i5 460M with 6 gigs of ram running on Windows 7. Until recently, it has been starting up in about 75 seconds. However, out of nowhere, it suddenly began starting up in between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes. I am completely baffled,...
SimTmiCro Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 6 05-10-2011 09:01 AM
Why can't I link video via laptop usb to HTDV usb?
I can burn a video file to USB stick and then insert that stick in my new HDTV's usb port, and the television recognises and plays the file. So it seems reasonable that a wireless (perfect) or wired (ok too) connection could be made to stream the content. No? I keep looking at the USB wifi...
frascati Networking Support 3 04-16-2011 01:12 PM
Changing the Processor on a Laptop?
I have an HP Pavilion dv7-4273ds Entertainment PC. It has an AMD Phenom(tm) II p960 Quad-Core Processor. I'm hoping this isn't the reason that my games have been flopping lately. So, how difficult is it (if at all possible) to change the processor on a laptop?
drhea2 Laptop Support 5 03-24-2011 09:41 AM
Is my laptop capable/Good for gaming? and does speed boost with 4gb 2.0 USB help?
I have a HP dm4-1063cl Core i5-430M 2.26GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.53GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB (7,200RPM) SATA Hard Drive with SuperMulti 8x DVD±R/RW drive with Double Layer Support, and 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Graphics. So basically i want to know three things... 1....
Random26 Laptop Support 11 02-20-2011 09:07 PM