Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I remove the ATI drivers

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
I installed an ASUS 1Gig HDMI graphics card in place of the onboard ATI graphics (which works fine), but often at startup the computer hangs at gagp30kx.sys which is I believe an ATI related file. The onboard graphics card doesn't show up in device drivers so I assume it is properly disabled, the question is, can I uninstall the ATI files? Usually, if I press the rset button it starts properly.

#3 ·
What I find about gagp30kx.sys:
"The gagp30kx.sys process is part of Microsoft Windows and should not be deleted or prevented from loading each time Windows loads. Doing so could cause errors or Windows to stop working.
If this file is missing, it is likely other Windows related files are also missing, we suggest re-installing Windows to make sure your issue is correctly resolved."

#4 ·
The ATI folder in Program Files has an uninstaller, one would assume that it would only remove the ATI files. I am not trying to remove the gagp30kx file as it is a sys file - I can live with it if I have to, it's just a pain when I find it has hung when I am backing up the Docs file from the laptop.

#7 ·
If your referring to putting up with the gagp30kx message, uninstalling the Onboard Graphics drivers wouldn't, if my info is correct, remove that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.