Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

ATI Radeon mobility x1400 drivers - I'm lost what do I use?

This is a discussion on ATI Radeon mobility x1400 drivers - I'm lost what do I use? within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'll try and explain it best I can; as I solve most problems myself via google. I'm using a Dell

Old 02-26-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'll try and explain it best I can; as I solve most problems myself via google.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 9400, and this is from my dxdiag

Memory: 2 gig
Video card: ATI Radeon mobility x1400 (256 mb)
Motherboard: MP061
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

The problem started when I tried to play borderlands, but was getting blue screen crashes. The boards I visited said it was the graphic drivers, and suggested using the current omega drivers. I used ATI Catalyst Drivers 11.1 . I was able to play the game fine (though I had a floor texture problem).

However, I had two major problems with using omega drivers;
From sleep mode/screen saver the background would become distorted like striped lines
and
My ps1 emulator (ePSXe) was running very choppy and missing textures.

At this time, I'm done with borderlands, and wanted to play my ps1 games, so I removed the omega drivers and got official ones

Now that I'm done with playing ps1 games, I was going to pick up were I left off on my starcraft 2 campaign. Problem is, I have to put the settings on the lowest amount to even play it; this didn't happen on the original drivers (I do not know what I had before I changed to omega)
Also: I never tested SC2 on omega drivers, only on current official drivers.

What drivers could make SC2 and borderlands playable?

Thanks for any help and suggestions in advance :)

Old 02-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Have you tried using the original drivers?
Laptops are very susceptible to heat. Have you checked your temps? Have you cleaned the unit lately?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyree View Post
Have you tried using the original drivers?
Laptops are very susceptible to heat. Have you checked your temps? Have you cleaned the unit lately?
I bought this laptop from craigslist, so I don't think that'll happen. But since borderlands couldn't run on the original drivers....

Not sure how to check the temp, but it doesn't sound like/feel like it is running excessively hard. As far as cleaning, how should I do that?

I know I'll need drivers, but according to a few searches, dell isn't updated this x1400 series =\
Old 02-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

Use the latest drivers from the manufacturer's site/ OEM Mobo/Bios are made for them and aftermarket drivers can differ from the OEM versions.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread