Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

ATI Hybrid CrossfireX

This is a discussion on ATI Hybrid CrossfireX within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. anyone know where I can buy an ATI Hybrid CrossFireX-supported graphics card? or is there an alternative?

Old 12-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

anyone know where I can buy an ATI Hybrid CrossFireX-supported graphics card? or is there an alternative?

Old 12-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

is a Radeon card a viable alternative?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

It Would help us A LOT more if we knew what you were trying to achieve. Are you trying to play a game or.... Whats the make and model pc your using?

Hybrid crossfire x is a feature of some gpu's made by ati. Radeon is a sub brand for the same gpu series.
emosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:02 AM   #4
Registered Member

no, I'm not trying to play a game. It's my own build and I've got a Gigabyte motherboard (GA-880GMA-USB3) and that's the type of graphics card it supports. I can't find this card anywhere. The Radeon type seems to be readily available though.

Would it be ok to use that card (as opposed to the Hybrid)?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #5
Moderator hardware team

My System

ATI Hybrid CrossFireX-supported graphics cards: HD 5450, HD 5550, HD 5570, HD 5670

Your motherboard will support any PCIe graphics card, not just those which support Hybrid Crossfire.

PS: Hybrid CrossfireX is a technology which allows you to link a low end graphics card to the motherboard's integrated graphics chip. What you end up with is still low end graphics.

AMD Crossfire X Compatibility chart
Old 12-08-2011, 05:44 AM   #6
Registered Member

ok, thank you