Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus eah5670 - can't get it to work, pulling my hair out, PLEASE HELP!!!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Johnny1982 
#1 ·
Hi All, I'm new here and i've got a serious problem.

I've got a new video card, I was using a nvida 8400gs but I wanted to some newer games. So after checking a few reviews, I keeping hearing good things about the ati raedon 5670 as a budget gaming card.

Anyway, I bought a Asus eah5670 1gb card from amazon, it arrived today. Now the problems.

I can't get it to work. I've fitted it, I made sure there was no static etc.

First I started off by installing with the disk provided - when I plugged the vga cable into the card, black screen. Nothing. Monitor went into sleep mode so obviously not getting a signal.

So I called the CCL computers (I have a CCL brand system) - they tell me to install a program called driver sweeper, go into safe mode, clean all the old nvida and ati drivers off and install again.

Done. Again - no signal to monitor

Called them again, this time, they say that the disks aren't always that good and I should try drivers from the ATI site. So i remove all the drivers again, install drivers and guess what - Again - no signal to monitor

So i tried the same process, this time using the drivers from the asus site - nothing.

I even tried using windows update to install it -same result.

The weird thing is, after each installation, I've looked in the device manager and the card has been classed as working, no conflicts and using the resources you would expect it to use.

I know it's compatible with the computer, it's listed on their list of reccomended cards for this rig! It's also running, I can hear it and i've opened the case with it on and the fan on the card was running fine.

I'm stumped basically. Can't figure out what the hell to do. Anyone with more knowledge of these thing who knows how to fix it would be greatly appriciated!

CCL Excel Allure System - CCL Computers

This is my system, if that helps. Here are the basic specs again

AMD Phenom II X6 (1055T) 2.8GHz
4GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz
500GB SATA II
Gigabyte M68MT-S2 Socket AM3 Motherboard
430w PSU
Windows 7 home premuim 64 bit

See less See more
#2 ·
First suspect would be an inadequate PSU. TSF recommend at least 550w minimum for any PCI-e Graphics Card.

#6 ·
The Corsair CX 430W only has 28A on the +12V rail. This is the bare minimum required for a PCIE card, not suitable for your computer.

CIT is a low quality brand. £25 is less than half the price you should be paying for a decent 550-650W PSU.

XFX Core Edition 550W (53A/+12V, 80%+ efficiency rating, 5 year warranty) - £51, free delivery

#8 ·
The ASUS EAH5670 draws all the power it needs from the motherboard. It only draws upto a max of 61w, so no need for an external 6-pin PCI-e connector. I did however see a AXLE branded HD5670 that has a 6-pin PCI-e connector, but that is for overclocking, that being said if there is a 6-pin connector it should be plugged in as the review of the AXLE branded card failed to boot without the 6-pin connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.