Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

Annoying Problem

This is a discussion on Annoying Problem within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I need some help with a stupid problem i keep having with my laptop's video card. I own a

Old 05-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I need some help with a stupid problem i keep having with my laptop's video card.

I own a Dell Inspiron T1525, 2 GB of RAM, 1.8 Ghz Intel Dual Core processor, and 384 MB on my nSeries Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family video card. I run XP Professional SP2 with DirectX 9.0C (build 4.09).

The thing is, i have some old games installed like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 or Mafia, circa 2001-2002, and even on newer games like Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, the games start and run withouth a glitch but i keep having these huge colourfull areas in-game. For example i have huge spaces of green where the color only dissapears after i get close to that area, then the real detail of the building is shown.

I run on 32 bit, 60 Hz Refresh, 1280x800, the resolution is set right on all games and i've tried endless combinations of settings to no avail.

I didn't have this problem when i had Vista Ultimate installed, but now it's here and it's really annoying because i can't play anything, everything is either green or purple or blue.

Any hints on how i might solve this?

Thanks.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
Registered Member

Just so you can see the problem.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Reinstall your chipset and graphics drivers. Check the temperatures and voltages in BIOS, and again during gameplay with SpeedFan.

watch?v=CBVFpYN0iNo
koala is offline   Reply With Quote