Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

AMD Radeon HD 6490M driver problems?

This is a discussion on AMD Radeon HD 6490M driver problems? within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay, so I have an HP Probook 4730s and it has an AMD Radeon HD 6490M (and an Intel HD

Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Okay, so I have an HP Probook 4730s and it has an AMD Radeon HD 6490M (and an Intel HD Graphics card with switchable graphics) and the drivers I had were the original ones. So when I tried to update them through the normal ones in the AMD website, it said unsupported hardware/incompatible hardware (The download was the correct one for the correct OS) but I found a driver on the net which was 11.5b hotfix and it worked. Now I got Battlefield 3 and it recommends CCC 11.7 I tried 11.12 with no luck, even after updating CCC says its on 11.5 and the install time is very fast so I don't think its correct. Please help and I'm sorry if I have mistakes in my English.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

It is best to get the graphics driver/software from the laptop manufacturer support site.

Before updating you should uninstall the previous version first from Control Panel /Uninstall Program

Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

All drivers for OEM PC/laptops need to be acquired from the manufacturer's site.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rise and fall civilizations at war install problems
ok i have tried several times to install the game rise and fall civilizations at war and every time it will install disk one then will say to insert disk 2 and when i do it will say path not found or it will say something about the disk being write protected and to type in the full path but i have...
aniolation Game Installation Support 30 06-20-2012 10:50 AM
Computer has problems starting up and sometimes shuts down randomly
First of all no, I'm not a computer expert (although I've recently decided to go into the field), but I can do the normal stuff. I'm pretty young (age 15) and inexperienced so I'm hoping this sight will be pretty helpful in my endeavors in pursuing my career interest since it seems it's a...
Rampage91 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 6 03-16-2012 08:00 AM
Asus Touchpad Driver Issue
Hello, I have an Asus X54L laptop, and the touch pad stopped working a bit ago. In the device manager is say that there is a problem with the diver. I have re-installed 2 different types of 64-bit driver, and still nothing. The off on button with the FN on the keyboard does nothing, the rest of...
QuicksilverTech Laptop Support 1 03-15-2012 12:50 PM
Online video problems
I visit the hulu.com website some times. When I watch some of the videos - they start and stop too many times. How do I stop this? My laptop is not new.
vs2300 Laptop Support 2 03-15-2012 04:40 AM
Having problems with CD and DVD maker
I have an NTI CD and DVD Maker 7. When trying to open it, it states that it was altered with and %1 was not installed. However this was a working program before, how do I fix this?
leroy henry Removable Media Drives 1 03-14-2012 06:22 PM