Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACER Video card

3K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  Panther063 
#1 ·
I have a simple question. Can I upgrade my laptop video card to a better one? Mine is horrible. I have an Acer Aspire 15.6" laptop. Windows 7.
the video card is absolutely horrific. it has one setting and it is NOT even in HD...it says it is, but it is not capable. Every time I want to play a hidden object game or something like it, my graphics cannot play it because it doesn't see that it can with what I have...
So would it be cheaper to just get a better computer or can I upgrade this one?
Thank you
And I am somewhat of a novice. Not a real tech person but do possess some skills.
Anthony

:banghead:

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is however, when I was having problems with my computer blacking out and shutting down, the geek that fixed it, switched everything into another acer computer. He moved all my internal parts except the motherboard into a Aspire 57332Z-4851 and it says HD LED LCD but it does NOT have HD graphics..at all. I just downloaded a hidden object game and the game will not play because it says my DirectX isn't being recognized.

Yep...did that and there is a yellow triangle on the Intel HD graphics. But I do not know whats wrong.

And my graphics will not allow me to switch to 1366 x 768. I don't believe its even 1280 x 640 or whatever the pixels are supposed to be..

Do you think its better to just buy a new laptop?

#16 ·
And my graphics will not allow me to switch to 1366 x 768. I don't believe its even 1280 x 640 or whatever the pixels are supposed to be..
It sounds like the display is limited to VGA quality which is the basic Microsoft driver, it should be capable of 1024 x 768 which is H.D.
Basically the difference between the current Motherboard and the old Motherboard is minimal, if the old CPU was moved over as well that is only slightly faster and still OEM for that system.
The only thing I can see is that display drivers need updating, this should be done using the model number of the new motherboard on the Acer site.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
okay...its installing now...
thank you. I'll keep you up to date as to what happens.

2 things installed chipset device installed and graphics media accelerator driver for vista, windows 7 64 bit

the Chipset failed

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver is installing

okay what do I do now. The computer restarted after the Intel Graphics Accelerator installed..

It didn't work...Thanks for trying though. I appreciate it Wrench.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_06011025&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_06011025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&CC_0300

IDE\CdRomMATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ8A0AS________________1.00____
IDE\MATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ8A0AS________________1.00____
IDE\CdRomMATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ8A0AS________________
MATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ8A0AS________________1.00____
GenCdRom
this is for the DVD

IDE\DiskWDC_WD3200BPVT-22ZEST0__________________01.01A01
IDE\WDC_WD3200BPVT-22ZEST0__________________01.01A01
IDE\DiskWDC_WD3200BPVT-22ZEST0__________________
WDC_WD3200BPVT-22ZEST0__________________01.01A01
GenDisk
this is the disk drive

only the first has a yellow call out

No other call outs...only the Intel(R) HD Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.