Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uneven Audio Through Headphones

980 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 · (Edited)
Headphones: ATH-40xs.
Computer Specs: Windows 10, Not using a dedication sound card but Maximum VI Hero Motherboard's integrated audio (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/).

Issue: The level of audio output is roughly 40% quieter in my right ear than in the left with all sound levels equal (In other words: Left ear is 40% louder than the right). In order to get equal output (roughly) I've gone into Playback devices --> Properties --> Levels --> Balance and adjusted the left to be at 60 when right is 100. This solution is not very good, as I'm forced to listen to music and play games at a reduced overall level.

Troubleshooting:
Tested with music and Realtek's Speaker Configuration sound.
I've tested multiple pairs of headphones into both the front and back panel 3.5mm Line Out jacks.
I tested my ATH-40xs in my iPhone and another computer, the sound was fine so it is NOT the headphones and it is NOT the audio cord. I also tried different audio cords, still no luck.
I tested audio using a USB pair of headphones and the audio was fine. This means this issue is exclusive to the Line Out Jacks, both front and back.
I've tested using this video:

Any suggestions are helpful and I will provide any additional details you need, thanks!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.