Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble connecting DJ mixer

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ecc83 
#1 ·
I have a problem with my computer and its current configuration. As you know, whenever you plug a device into a line-in port on the back of your sound card, it plays whatever is playing through the line-in port through the speakers. But this is a problem for me, as I have recently purchased a DJ mixer and want to route the cleanly mixed signal back into my PC's sound card for recording. The problem is, because whatever is playing through the line-in port is also played through the speakers, the signal is getting looped back into my mixer causing some pretty horrible feedback. How do I make my line-in port still record sound but not play the signal back through the speakers?

I am using a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 card with windows XP

#3 ·
Although I would very much like to get a dedicated recording card, I am not a music producer, I only just mix as a DJ for a hobby. I'm also on a very limited budget, so I am unable to buy a dedicated recording card. All I am looking for is a simple solution to prevent line-input from being played through the speakers, other than that my current hardware works just fine for what I currently do with it. Thanks for the suggestion though! I will try reinstalling my integrated audio for recording only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.