Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

Toshiba internal mic not working!!!! :(

This is a discussion on Toshiba internal mic not working!!!! :( within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok im running a toshiba satellite with windows 7 home premium 64-bit. a few days ago i accidentaly plugged my

Old 12-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Ok im running a toshiba satellite with windows 7 home premium 64-bit. a few days ago i accidentaly plugged my earphones into my microphone jack and since then my comptuers built in mic hasnt been workign for ANYTHING. audacity, skype nothign :( and its horrible. ive looked everywhere and the driver is up to date and ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and then i realized that in the sound menu it says that the microphone is "not plugged in" and i didnt understand it. and so just now i thought to maybe plug my earphones back into the mic jack and see what happens and once i do that it says that mic is plugged in again! its like it got confused but now i dont know how to fix it!!!! :'( plz plz plz help! i miss talking with my friends on skype :'(

Old 12-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Do you have an option to choose "which" mic to use (ie: internal or external).

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toshiba Satellite A215 -S5818 PSAFGU-05F01D can't Boot
Laptop --with win Vista STATUS: a) Laptop wont boot b) Screen remains Black after turning on Power c) Power, Power-on and battery-charging Lights are ALL on d) Fan--->starts, CDrom-->Runs! starts to read -- e) USB - ports - NO POWER (All of them)
LoneTree Laptop Support 21 10-22-2011 07:58 PM
Sound working, mic not working
Hello, recently I bought a new headset named Plantronics GameCom 367, now I haven't had any problems with it until I wanted to use my mic. This headset is plugged into the rear 3.5mm jackets and I am able to hear music and sounds, but I cannot use my mic. When I go into Sound>Recording it says...
Jake333 Sound Cards 9 03-14-2011 03:09 PM
[SOLVED] Mic not working.
I have never been good with mics. I always see people being able to just plug in their mic and go, but never have I been able to do that. Anywho, my mic is plugged in, Windows recognizes it. However, when I talk into it, no sound registers. The mic is not muted, the mic level is set to 100, and...
LtCarman Other Hardware Support 2 01-31-2011 07:28 PM
Lag in Dragon Age: Origins
I have Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for the PC. My PC surpasses the minimum requirements for the game and it runs really well for about an hour until it begins to get really sluggish. Around this point the loading times will increase and the frame rate will drop. What would cause that? ...
AndyJP PC Gaming Support 9 01-30-2011 06:47 AM
DVD-RW Not Working: Toshiba A215
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I have a Toshiba A215 laptop and the DVD drive has stopped working. I can play CDs, but DVDs are not recognized. I'm trying to burn a DVD and the drive is not recognizing when a DVD-R disc is in the drive. I've used these discs in the past (but...
mindyrs Hard Drive Support 1 01-01-2011 02:54 AM