Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

Strange problem recording with FRAPS

This is a discussion on Strange problem recording with FRAPS within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I'm not completely sure if this is the right place for this question - please move if not!

Old 06-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm not completely sure if this is the right place for this question - please move if not!

I have started using FRAPS to record games. Someone kindly told me how to use stereo mix in Realtek HD to record the game audio and microphone on at the same time, which works a treat.

However, I've just discovered a problem I can't fix for the life of me. I have two microphones. Both are working fine, and recordings made with either play back fine through Audacity.

But when I play back videos from FRAPS, the audio from one of the microphones (the more expensive one LOL) only comes out through the left channel!

If it was both just in FRAPS, I would assume a problem with FRAPS. If it was both through all software, I would assume a problem with the jack or the input settings. But it appears to be none of these things.

I hope that makes some sense. I am genuinely baffled. If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange problem: Wired network slower than my wireless
Hi all. asrock mb, amd six core phenam 2, nforce lan 10/100 mbps windows 7 64 bit o.s. Norton internet security. Sorry about hijacking this thread but I have the exact same problem. I have the same mb with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. All the other PC's that connect wireless or wired are...
steve1time Networking Support 3 06-12-2011 06:23 AM
Fraps with sound & Skype causing disconnects
Hi, I would really like some help with this recent issue that I am having with fraps. Previously, I have recorded World of Warcraft with fraps while running skype, and recorded those skype conversations with the game with no problems. But these were recorded as half-quality. Recently I...
Jaymovez PC Gaming Support 7 03-21-2011 04:28 PM
Latency Problem While Recording and Hearing Playback Through The Headphones
Hi, just need someone to help me out of this. I got latency problems while I'm recording and hearing playback through my headphones. Could u help me to just solve this just please. I got Windows 7 and recording with Samson C03U Usb Condenser Microphone. Using Acid Pro / Vegas Pro :rolleyes:
Scofem Sound Cards 1 03-11-2011 05:46 PM
Incredebly Strange Problem: Microphone picks up speakers.
Okay, so as stated, I have this very odd problem. My microphone does not work. In the sense that it does not pick up any sounds I make in it, whatsoever. No matter what software I'm using, wether it's recording, chatting, or even the windows testing, it does not work. What it does, however, is pick...
Fnorkus Sound Cards 3 02-20-2011 11:36 AM
Latency Problem While Recording and Hearing Playback Through The Headphones ?
Hi, just need someone to help me out of this. I got latency problems while I'm recording and hearing playback through my headphones. Could u help me to just solve this just please. I got Windows 7 and recording with Samson C03U Usb Condenser Microphone. Using Acid Pro / Vegas Pro :4-dontkno
Scofem Hard Drive Support 1 02-16-2011 01:24 AM