Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

static noise when recording

This is a discussion on static noise when recording within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just recently I have been receiving an annoying static noise when I turn on the recording of my computer. I

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Just recently I have been receiving an annoying static noise when I turn on the recording of my computer. I thought it was a problem with my mic, but when i unplugged it, the sound still comes through the speakers. Then i thought it could be a problem with my speakers, i unplugged them and the recording was still going. (i didnt hear static but when i went to test microphone option the bar sound level was maxed out like someone was still blowing on a mic).

Its as thought my computer is recording 100% feedback all the time. This is really difficult to explain.

All i know is, when i go to test microphone, the feedback through the computer makes a very annoying static noise, even when the mic is not plugged in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

The Lily Nipper

Old 06-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

What are your system specs? Make and model #. If you have an add-in audio card, what is it.

Was there something that changed on the computer right before this happened? Windows update, new graphics card, any other add-in card.

One thing to try in situations like this is to re-install your audio drivers. Best to use the latest ones from your pc/audio card manufacturer. If you don't know than we can help if you post your system specs.

Might also be worthwhile to find out what your voltages are from your power supply. Best way is to go into BIOS and record from there. Let it sit for awhile (5-10 minutes) and see if you are getting any fluctuations. Post back here what those are so we can rule out your psu (or not as the case may be ).

Thanks

Pauldo
Closed Thread