Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

SoundMax can't adjust Bass & Treble

This is a discussion on SoundMax can't adjust Bass & Treble within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dell Optiplex GX260, Windows XP Pro, SoundMax Digital Audio 5.12.1.3538 Problem: Soundmax doesn't allow adjustment for Bass & Treble. Most

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

Dell Optiplex GX260, Windows XP Pro, SoundMax Digital Audio 5.12.1.3538

Problem: Soundmax doesn't allow adjustment for Bass & Treble. Most of the time, my Logitech 5500 surround system sounds great, but with my new ipod touch, oooooh, nasty sound...with headphones, sound is fine, but playing through speakers is awful. (All drivers updated)

Can I upgrade the audio driver, do I have to install a card in the computer? Which one? How to do it? What about the external audio adapters? Do they have bass & treble controls?
thanks,
marion

Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Sound control/variation is often a function of the media player. WinAmp, for example, has a built-in equalizer. Unless I'm mistaken, the SoundMax control panel has similar controls, but I can't verify at the moment.

In any event, why are you trying to input audio from an iPod and then output to the speakers? Why not simply input directly to the speakers.

Google is your Friend!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

when I'm in my studio, it would be nice to not have to have on headphones, just play the ipod, but the sound is awful....so I plugged it in to the stereo speakers.....can't adjust the sound with the SoundMax...volume only!...that's the way its made.