Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound Card Help Requested

800 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm having some trouble. I think that I know what the problem is, but not all that too well. My speakers work when I test them, but when I test the Realtek Digital Output, it doesn't work. My volume controls are all turned up, my cables are fine, everything's plugged in the right places. I've run virus/malware/spyware tests recently. Applications like Windows Media Player, iTunes, and Steam often won't open or will crash, although they worked for about a half day for some reason. Youtube videos wouldn't work also for the longest time, although they do now. I tried Microsoft support, I reinstalled the driver, I put my computer to a previous version. What can I try to do? Should I call HP? (I have an HP Pavilion P6000 series desktop, windows 7 home sp 1)

#2 ·
A few things to note: 1) if the speakers are all working when you perform the speaker test, then the audio chipset and drivers are working properly. 2) To use the digital output, you have to select it in the audio setup. Most chipsets will only output stereo audio over the digital output or try using a digital source, such as a movie DVD. 3) If you have apps or programs that aren't working, then you have software and/or OS issues. Troubleshoot each application separately. The best way to start is by uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling the program that isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.