Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

slow computer

This is a discussion on slow computer within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi need a bit of help my computer is running very slow when i get a page up say like

Old 10-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

hi need a bit of help my computer is running very slow when i get a page up say like facebook it will come up but cant do anything on it cant see photos on there an if i try to get another page up it comes inter explorer cannot display this page i have tryed to restore the computer to earlyer time but nothing happens checked for virus but keeps telling me there are none i also cant invite a friend to help can anyone help on here cheers

Old 10-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Although not an easy option to consider, it is by far the safest, most effective one - Reinstalling the Windows OS. (Windows OS Install Disc Required)

You seem to be having problems with the computer and internet/browsing related problems, so a fresh lease of life can help you start over again. This time, be sure to carry out regular maintenance, install a good anti-virus and anti-spyware program, keep everything up-to-date.

(You can always backup the files you need, before you go ahead with this option)

On the other hand, if you are only referring to browser related problems, you might want to :

1. Reinstall Internet Explorer (uninstall ; download and install latest version)
2. Try resetting the Internet Explorer settings

Look here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/common-fixes-222032.html

Old 10-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Team Manager - Home Support
Moderator - Hardware Team

OS: Win-7 (64bit), XP-Pro SP3, Linux Mint V.16 (Cinnamon)

My System

Hi Bloodnut and welcome to TSF

Have you tried clearing you cache and DL history etc? - Control-Panel -Internet Options - 'General' tab then the area marked 'Browsing history'. Clicking the 'Delete....' button bring up a list of things that can/will be deleted - I usually delete (tick) the 'Temporary internet files', 'History' and 'Download history', it's worth ticking the 'Preserve Favourites website data' box, then it keeps the trusted stuff.

What part of 'WOOF!' don't you understand?
WereBo is online now   Reply With Quote