Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realtek Hi-DEf Audio

1K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  WereBo 
#1 ·
Microphone stopped working ( my fault I was tweaking settings trying to get my RF-WSP 313 to pair up with PC )
Unable to pair up the RocketFish speaker ( that's another problem! ) now just trying to restore Realtek to normal function, or if you have a better configuration please let me know! ( kinda urgent!! )
P.S. I'm emberrassed to admit that I shouldn't be messing with things I don't fully understand, but in my defense I'll say I'm a fool thaat rushes in where angels fear to thread!! :whistling:

#2 ·
Well got the RealTek working but I still have another problem
What started the ball rolling was the fact that I was trying to pair the PC with a wireless RocketFish RF-WSP 313 speaker with no success...Puter cannot find the device no matter what I tried, that why I was messing around with the RealTek...I tried disabling it just in case it was interfering with new speaker, tried a whole lot of thing ( without knowing what the heck I was doing) at any rate the Speaker will not pair up with my PC...bluetooth is ON...speaker just a foot away from PC...what else is there to try!????

#7 ·
As noted above, you are correct, the network adapter (which is for network connectivity) does not support Bluetooth. So yes, if you want to use Bluetooth on that computer, you will need to get a Bluetooth controller (internal or external).

#10 ·
Activated the bluetooth...both the Rocketfish and the new headphones paired up...but the sound is coming from the integrated speakers ( Real Tek ) what the heck I'm NOT doing right!?The Kinivo keeps asking me to " repair ) the installation...I "Repaired" 3 times but still the sound coming from the Real Tek
Uninstalled RealTek ( I thought it may help ) no luck...Unistalled Bluetooth and went to Kinivo to get new drivers...got an error message, apparently win 10 says no drivers needed...what do I do now!?
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what!

#11 ·
Bluetooth, rocketfish and the headset have icons in Device Manager...run troubleshooters and no problems reported...Speaker is working fine...headsets NOT...neither wired or wireless, yet is supposed to be working fine...The speakers have been configured, but I can seem to find a way to configure headset , could that be the problem!?

#12 ·
You have to select the default output device in the audio setup. By default (and since they are apparently working fine), the speakers are set as the default device. The default device will be sent all audio, so if you want a different device to receive the audio, you need to select that device in the audio config.

Also, if the devices are detected and properly recognized, you can click on the speaker icon in the task bar. A menu will open with a list of the currently connected devices and you can simply choose a device in that menu. However, that does not change the default device, so if you always want a different device to be the default, change it in the audio configuration.

#13 ·
Well, I'm getting closer , but no cigar yet!
I seem to lose the signal as soon as I unplug the headset wire.
The problem seems to be with the " initialization"
As you said ,the speaker is the default, a when I open the menu it tells me to right click the headset and assign it a task, soon after a error message appears that it failed to " initialize" and I should turn off the bluetooth and try again , and if that fails I should try again after a restart,,,well I followed this procedure several times but same result...headphone works only when wired, as soon as I detach wire I lose sound...I'm thinking of returning headphone and trying something else...this is getting too strenuous, I spent all day on it and while wireless is nice , my other headphones are doing the job just fine!

#14 · (Edited)
I'm not sure whether it'll be the same with Realtek hi-def audio (It shoud work, in theory... :wink:), but when I used to use by bluetooth headphones with my 'Creative X-Fi' card, I muted the (external) speakers, plugged in the Bluetooth dongle, connect the headphones by right-clicking the Bluetooth Icon in the System-tray, selecting 'Show Bluetooth devices' then selecting the h'phones in the window that appeared, then connect.

If I wanted sounds from h'phones and speakers, I just hit the unmute button (on my keyboard, or right-click the speaker icon in the System-tray' and click unmute), otherwise the sounds were h'phones only.

Addendum: - I just tried it with my Xonar card and, for some reason, I now have to switch the audio-out on the 'sound-making' software from speakers to headphones..... :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.