Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

RealTek AC'97 audio, This device cannot start [code 10]

This is a discussion on RealTek AC'97 audio, This device cannot start [code 10] within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. LiL Jet: Thank you very much for this info. I had been there before and couldnt get my model, even

Old 04-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
Registered Member

LiL Jet: Thank you very much for this info. I had been there before and couldnt get my model, even when I entered the serial and model it rejected it.. Dont know why!

What I did is. I reformated and worked on it again ground up... AND it works fine now...

Thank you very much for all the help.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #22
Registered Member

No worries my friend, so its fixed finally!! yay!!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #23
Registered Member

uh ... i am a moderatley advanced programmer but. i stll am lost as ever i have a gateway desktop pc i am running of the mother board e210882 and my audio controllers do not work this computer was given to me by a friend who used to work for the river rouge gm plant. the harddrive was wiped several times by the staff to make sure no 'classified' dat got out and all is ell but ac'97 audio controllers do not work device can not start. why is this and will you help me. thank you
Old 12-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #24
Registered Member

Need HELP !!!
Fujistu-Siemens Amilo D7830
Processor : Northwood 3,06Ghz
Memory: 512 MB
.. etc

I formatted my laptop 2 days ago, and now i am trying to recover drivers from the original cd, when i try to install the audio driver it gives me error code 10, cannot start...
Althouth it's from the original cd, i tried to go to fujistu-siemens website and download the related driver, still the same problem,
in the device manager it shows me an exclamation mark around it..
If someone can help me with this !!
Thx
Old 01-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #25
Registered Member

Hey, I'm having a similar problem. The only two changes I made to my system were that I swapped my UPS (which I can't see what that would mess with), and I got a new mouse so I uninstalled Logitech's Setpoint drivers and reinstalled the new ones (a newer version of the Setpoint drivers.

After doing this, but before restarting, my sound worked just fine, but my table was messed up, in that it was meant to cover two screens but only covered one. So I restarted my computer, and when it was booting up, it said "new hardware detected, HD Audio" or something along those lines.

Basically I was left in the state mentioned above, where my audio device was listed in the "other" category as non-functional, and my computer's convinced I have no audio device at all. I downloaded the audio drivers from both Realtech and from my mobo manufacturer, and neither seemed to do the trick, all that happened was that the error in the device manager moved to the audio section, and now lists "Realtech HD Audio", but with a yellow "!" and the code 10.

My board is a Biostar Tforce 550.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #26
Registered Member

Cry

Hello everyone,

I've read throught this thread and also seem to be having the same issues, I have no sound and get th code 10 story have also read about about installing the drivers and troubleshooting but nothing has worked! It seems there are certain website for different laptops if i'm not mistaken to intstalling the drivers, how would i find mine?

My laptop is an E-Systems 3084, can you help me?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #27
Enthusiast

My System

Tazmo-

Just make sure here but please start a new thread.

Thanks

Pauldo
Pauldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:29 AM   #28
Registered Member

Ok will do Pauldo, please help me, new thread under: Help RealTek AC'97 audio, This device cannot start [code 10] problem
Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #29
Registered Member

GUYS I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!! my mother board device is intel inside and i cannot find a sound device for my computer....and is showing a code[10] error can u guys help me?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 AM   #30
Registered Member

Grin

I found a solution!!

Download this driver from Gateway

http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&uid=200884642

--
Old 06-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #31
Registered Member

I've got a problem too!I just installed drivers for Realtek AC'97 but it says error code 10 (cannot start) http://prikachi.com/files/1639597j.jpg ant that's the exact file I used ftp://WebUser:nQJ4P7b@202.134.71.22/...o/WDM_A406.exe Any ideas?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed36 View Post
Hi,

Use Everest under my signature and find out what motherboard you have in the computer with that program. Then, you can go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the items that fit that motherboard like the AC97 and the Ethernet Controller that would be found on that motherboard disk.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #33
Registered Member

im having same problem after installing window seven have hp pavilion 4805us need that everst program so i can find out what chipset is incomp but cant seem to find the download link please help me
Old 04-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #34
Registered Member

hi, i had the exactly same problem as lil_jet. the problem is that i cant find the correct device or i dont know... when i check the properties of my realtek ac'97 audio sound device it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". please help...i really need sound on my laptop. its an averatec laptop if this does help.