Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No sounds windows 10

SOLVED 
1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ihaterealtek 
#1 ·
I got this problem yesterday when I booted up laptop. There is no speakers available. I have built-in speakers in my laptop and when I put headphones in the jack there was no reaction. Still the same message "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." I tried to troubleshoot but there was only these options available. There was not any realtek drivers in device manager. but I had the realtek driver in programs and features. I unistalled it with CCleaner and downloaded newest realtek drivers and installed it, when it asked to restart I restarted. It worked and I had my speakers working. When I put my laptop to sleep mode, the problem reappeared.
Edit: This is what I see when I open playback devices https://gyazo.com/51b3620ee8a41ccb9f14a63aff635286

#5 ·
Whenever I try to do those things in msconfig, I hit apply and OK. Then it asks to restart and I do, after restart I go back to msconfig the settings are back to the way they were before. Also if I don't restart after hitting OK and I go back to msconfig, the settings are back. Also I tried to run msconfig with adminisator

#6 ·
Up until you said no settings hold it sounded like there is a setting inside the realtek soundcard to allow power management to suspend soundcard and I would bet that is there, however this sounds more like a small cmos battery on the motherboard if there, needs to be replaced. Although is the time and date correct in the taskbar? If yes then maybe you failed to hit "apply" and "ok" when you went to change the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.