Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No sound with turn table usb plugged in

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 ·
I have a Dell Dimension 8250 running Windows XP. I also have a Brookstone iConvert USB Turntable. When I plug the USB for the Turntable into any USB port on my PC I get no sound from my speakers. The EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter software I use to convert the vinyl albums does not record because it is not seeing a audio signal from the turntable.

I have installed the same software (EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter) and plugged the Turntables USB into a Dell laptop running Windows 7 and all works fine.
The laptop has internal speakers where as the Dell 8250 has external speakers, however I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with the issue.

Any ideas as to why the XP machine sound goes out when plugging the Turntable USB into it?

#2 ·
Hi Rooster Lips and welcome to TSF :wave:

Does the turntable spin when it's connected to the Dell Dimension? Older Dell PCs were notorious for having minimum spec. power supply units, so it's possible that the power isn't enough to operate both turntable and onboard pre-amp in the turntable unit.

#5 ·
My OS is XP Professional with service pack 3.
I had previously tried using Audacity and I can rip a vinyl album, however I can not here the turntable input through my dell external speakers. In fact as long as I have the turntable usb plugged into any of my PC's usb ports I get no sound from my speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.