Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

No sound after removing viruses

This is a discussion on No sound after removing viruses within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to sort out a friend's computer. He had virus alert messages, no visible c: Drive, no Control

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:58 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am trying to sort out a friend's computer. He had virus alert messages, no visible c: Drive, no Control Panel and no sound. After having run spybot, adaware, avg and malwarebytes' anti-malware, I appear to have rid the pc of viruses but there is still no sound.

There is also no sound or volume control next to the clock.

Any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #2

It is possible that your audio file infected by virus too. Try to reinstalling your audio hardware. If you still can not get the sound from your hardware after reinstalling it, try to scan your harddisk in another clean pc. After that try to reinstalling again your audio hardware. But if it is also fail to get the sound,
the best way is to reinstall your system. And don't forget to install good antivirus for your system.

If your hardware have problem in search the correct driver, try RadarSync. It will scan all of your hardware driver need in the system.

Cheers

Old 06-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
af3
White Hat ;)

My System

This system is trashed, use the restore disc or restore boot feature if they are available.