Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

monitor speakers voices muffled

This is a discussion on monitor speakers voices muffled within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an Acer computer with a monitor that has built in speakers. Monitor model is P205H D. I've recently

Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an Acer computer with a monitor that has built in speakers. Monitor model is P205H D. I've recently noticed that when I try to listen to almost anything, the back ground noise/music is fine but I can barely hear the voices or singing.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Is the problem something new? Speakers in PC monitors are about as low quality as you can find.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

We've had the computer about 3 years. It just started recently.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Verify the audio configuration. In particular, ensure you still have the speaker output set for stereo.

Also, you can test the audio output using a different set of speakers or headphones. That will confirm the audio card output.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Muffled Sound in PC
Some days ago I started noticing that the sound coming from my PC suffered from some kind of muffled distortion. I use earphones and theyre perfectly fine, since they work properly with any other device. Windows 7 x64 (Completely updated according to automatic updates) Realtek High Definition...
Sellord Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 10-30-2011 10:26 AM
Maybe too many voices
I needed to know what voices were available for a script but when I checked with: grep voice_ /opt/TTS/festival/testsuite/data/voices.scm I get what I believe is a dual listing of voices and don't know if they both should be there: (voice_rab_diphone) (voice_kal_diphone) (voice_cmu_us_rms_cg)...
geosman Linux Support 4 10-07-2011 10:11 PM
Voices on Songs Muffled and Echoey
Hey there.. Yesterday, I discovered that some songs on the Windows Media Player and especially on iTunes, the songs sound distorted. Some songs are over five years old and have always worked fine, yet suddenly, the voices are way lower than the music- andon songs I've just downloaded recently on...
Mike_Jack's_Gal Sound Cards 9 06-27-2011 10:23 PM
Samsung Home Theater HTWX70 - voices on DVD's are muffled
I have a Samsung Home Theater HTWX70. When I play a dvd the voices are muffled and incoherent. All other sounds on the dvd are clear, like music, waves crashing on the beach or birds chirping. The odd thing is all sound, including voices are fine during the previews; the problem starts when the...
Thumb1214 Home Theater 1 06-13-2011 01:03 PM
Samsun Home Theater HTWX70 - Voices on DVD's muffled
I have a Samsung Home Theater DVD System, HTWX70. When I play a DVD the voices in the movie are muffled. The music is fine, and other sounds, like the sound of waves crashing on the beach, or birds chirping are clear. Only human voices are muffled. The strange thing is during the previews there is...
Thumb1214 Electronics 0 06-11-2011 07:31 PM