Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

HP Pavilion G7 Windows 8 Buzzing noise

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion G7 Windows 8 Buzzing noise within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! Whenever I playback any audio or video file there comes an interrupting buzzing sound , like very loud "Trrrrr"

Old 12-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello!

Whenever I playback any audio or video file there comes an interrupting buzzing sound , like very loud "Trrrrr" , also the screen freezes for a few milliseconds, I uninstalled and reinstalled all my audio and video drivers, updated my bios, did a few formats and clean installs, it seems I cannot workout the problem.

Please help

Thanks
Jonathan

Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Registered Member

This also happens with external speakers (HDMI), internal speakers, and headphones plugged in, altough when I got headphones plugged in the sound is more muted then internal.

Thanks

Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Team Manager - Home Support
Moderator - Hardware Team

OS: Win-7 (64bit), XP-Pro SP3, Linux Mint V.16 (Cinnamon)

My System

Hi Proximus and welcome to TSF

Having 'renewed/replaced' all the software, the only possibility left is the hardware having a fault. Is the laptop still in it's warranty period? If so check the return/repair options and terms.

What part of 'WOOF!' don't you understand?
WereBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
Registered Member

Laptop is still in waranty period, I bought it 3 weeks ago, are you sure it is not due to any software?

Thanks for your repply!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #5

My System

Yep, doing a clean-install sets everything 'as new' re: the software

Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
Registered Member

k thanks for your help then ! :D
Old 12-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #7

My System

Good luck and a happy Christmas to you, let us know how you get on - You can mark this thread <Solved> from the 'Thread Tools' button, near the top-right corner of the page

Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proximus View Post
Hello!

Whenever I playback any audio or video file there comes an interrupting buzzing sound , like very loud "Trrrrr" , also the screen freezes for a few milliseconds, I uninstalled and reinstalled all my audio and video drivers, updated my bios, did a few formats and clean installs, it seems I cannot workout the problem.

Please help

Thanks
Jonathan
Old 06-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Registered Member

Clean install did not work, reinstalled all drivers, updated to the latest... tried everything.. Also I installed Latencymon to check my dpc latency... here is the report :

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:21:59 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: JONA-PC
OS version: Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 (x64)
Hardware: HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC, Hewlett-Packard, 184B
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Logical processors: 2
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 7650 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 2695,0 MHz
Measured CPU speed: 1627,0 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (s): 26145,58390
Average measured interrupt to process latency (s): 6,953090

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (s): 739,417327
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (s): 2,121969

MEASURED SMI, IPI AND CPU STALLS
The SMI, IPI and CPU stalls value represents the highest measured interval that a CPU did not respond while having its maskable interrupts disabled.

Highest measured SMI or CPU stall (s) 64,214557

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (s): 237,001113
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,080142
Driver with highest ISR total time: i8042prt.sys - i8042-poortstuurprogramma, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,135017

ISR count (execution time <250 s): 251899
ISR count (execution time 250-500 s): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 s): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 s): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 s): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 s): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (s): 557941,284601
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,791387
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: ndis.sys - NDIS 6.30-stuurprogramma, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 1,608992

DPC count (execution time <250 s): 5892274
DPC count (execution time 250-500 s): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 s): 327
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 s): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 s): 3
DPC count (execution time >=4000 s): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: svchost.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 14265
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 2743
Highest hard pagefault resolution time (s): 1376704,359555
Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 5,711012
Number of processes hit: 37

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 68,769138
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (s): 236,884230
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 1,504162
CPU 0 ISR count: 113871
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (s): 557941,284601
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 26,715938
CPU 0 DPC count: 5272582
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 23,861250
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (s): 237,001113
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 2,058230
CPU 1 ISR count: 138028
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (s): 448,278664
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 15,736941
CPU 1 DPC count: 620023

thank you :D