Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearing my mic through headphones and can't turn it off

SOLVED 
113K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  PCMasta 
#1 ·
Hi, I just got this new headset - Turtle Beach Earforce PX21's.

I'm hearing all the sounds that my mic picks up through the headphones and it's driving me crazy. I've looked around online and the only solutions I've seen are "go into the recording and/or playback tab in your sound options and mute the mic" or something to that effect. Well, I've tried that. I've gone into the properties for every audio device in playback and recording and muted anywhere I see microphone. I've even disabled EVERY audio device in the control panel (puts a big red X over the sound icon in the bottom right), and even with everything disabled I can still hear my breathing and voice through the speakers.

I've had issues like this in the past dealing with USB microphones, but I've just ignored or unplugged them before. This headset doesn't have a microphone jack alternative though, just the USB, so I'm at a loss for what to do.

#3 ·
Ok, I've gone through the configuration exactly the way it says in the user manual just to make sure I'm not missing anything silly.

The only problem I have is at the step where it says:

Under the playback tab, double click on "USB Audio Device" to bring up the speaker properties mixer panel. Click the levels tab... The microphone slider in this mixer panel determines the volume of your voice heard in the PX21 speakers as you speak into the mic.

Well, that sounds exactly like my issue right there. The only catch is, a) I don't have a "USB Audio Device" listed in my playback tab. This is what mine looks like:

The only logical choice would be the "Turtle Beach USB Headset." But when I click that and go into the levels tab, there is no microphone slider. This is all I got:

So it looks like it'd be an easy fix, except the device I need to adjust doesn't show up in my control panel.

#5 ·
Just figured this out myself.. you go to where you were before, where all the devices are.. Double click on your default speakers. Then click on the "Levels" tab.. In that tab, I think at the very bottom of all the sliders, is a "Microphone" option. Mute it by clicking the little speaker by the "balance" button.

#8 ·
I have the z60 earforce, anyway i had the same problem, but i looked through the booklet for it and found this :
"The Z60 incorporates microphone monitoring, so you can hear your own voice in the headset and you won’t be shouting needlessly. To activate the feature, press and hold the Mic Mute Button on the Surround Sound Control Unit until this Mic Mute Indicator flashes briefly. To deactivate this feature, press and hold the Mic Mute Button until the Mic Mute Indicator flashes briefly."
and i did it and it worked, so maybe its similar for you. Hope this helps :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.