Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

Fluctuating volume during audio playback

This is a discussion on Fluctuating volume during audio playback within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Well. I have a RealTek ALC882 chip set. And anybody who ever has tried a mike on one of these

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Well. I have a RealTek ALC882 chip set. And anybody who ever has tried a mike on one of these knows it has problems. So anywho, I was trying to get the mike to work on my own, and ended up messing up my tv tuner audio. So i reinstalled that this morning (Asus LNA tiger hybrid tv tuner catcher thingy), and the audio on my tv was finally ok.
But then the sound from iTunes started fluctuating at random within songs. Same problem with avi's, VLC, Media Center and winamp, even tried using headphones, and up and down that volume still goes, annoying!!!
So Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, tried new drivers, old drivers, microsoft bus drivers before the new and old drivers, turned off all the equalizers i could find, poked around with sample rates, turned iTunes different volume adjusters off, made sure the PC still was set up for my quad speakers.
Plus I'm pretty sure I had the same problem a year or two ago, just cant remember how I fixed it...
So where do I go from here?
(specs here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...t=3213009#N395 - except i switched to radeon graphics)
(and Ive noticed a bunch of people out there asking the same question, all with the cursed RealTek common denominator, getting replies involving reinstalling itunes, drivers, to buy new speakers or sound cards...and since everything worked FINE until my tv driver reinstall Im pretty sure these answers wont help...mayve a new sound card would but c'mon, ive gotten stubborn now)