Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

E-MU 1212m Issues

This is a discussion on E-MU 1212m Issues within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I purchased an E-MU 1212m soundcard the other day and the disc that came with it didn't have the sufficient

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

I purchased an E-MU 1212m soundcard the other day and the disc that came with it didn't have the sufficient drivers for my OS (Vista 64bit). I went on the E-MU official site and downloaded the updated drivers suitable for Vista64, and every time I tried to install them my PC crashed to BSOD. I updated all other drivers that needed updating on my PC except for my GeForce 8800 GT video card, which doesn't have up to date drivers for Vista64. That didn't solve anything. I then tried installing the drivers for my E-MU card while in safe mode. At the point where I usually get sent to BSOD, I instead got an error saying that the driver I was trying to install wasn't the right one for my OS (even though it was, I re-checked this several times - it's the Vista64 driver off the E-MU website). The error gave me the option to continue anyways so I did and the installation was smooth after that. I rebooted into normal mode and everything seemed to be installed/detected correctly - device manager showed updated drivers and the Windows sound mixer/Windows Media Player/whatever sound playing device was detecting audio being played, however no sound was coming out of my monitor speakers plugged into the card. I tried running the E-MU software PatchMix and it gives me an error saying that I don't have sufficient hardware installed for the software to run correctly. I am about to go crazy because I previously owned a Presonus Firepod recording interface which also wouldn't work on my system - Presonus techsupport stopped replying to me because they couldn't figure out what was causing the issue. The issue with that device was the audio latency was a complete mess and audio playback was all distorted and slow and pitch dropped. I gave up on it and got this E-MU card and now I can't even get THIS to run smoothly. Please help.