Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

Can't get sound card to work once wireless card is installed

This is a discussion on Can't get sound card to work once wireless card is installed within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey there I have a Creative SB Audigy SE SB0570 sound card that has been working fine in conjunction with

Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey there

I have a Creative SB Audigy SE SB0570 sound card that has been working fine in conjunction with my Belkin wireless G PCI card.

I decided to upgrade my wireless card and got the Linksys Dual Band Wireless N PCI Adapter. As soon as this installed my computer seemed to not be able to run my soundcard anymore, it would just come up with the "found new hardware" icon and end up saying it cannot find anything for it.

I have tried downloading numerous drivers off the internet with no luck, moved the cards to different PCI slots with still no luck. The wireless card works fine.

Is there anyway that this can be fixed? I assume it isn't a power issue as I am using a 780W PSU.

Cheers

Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello megawatt man and welcome to TSF,

There is likely a hardware conflict between the Audio card and the new WiFi card that is causing the issue.

Open Control Panel > Device Manager and locate your Audio Card. Is there a red X or yellow ! next to it (or any other devices)?

Try moving your SB Audigy to a different slot.
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Wireless Card Detected, But No Internet in 2nd PCI Slot
Hello there, Hope this is the right forum. I have an interesting problem, though quite frustrating. I've found that my wireless card does not access internet in the "2nd" pci slot. After much perusing of forum threads, I've tried many things before posting and will list all my attempts...
SaigoChan Cabling and Network Cards 6 09-05-2012 04:19 PM
Sound not working after installed new GFX Card
I have just purchased the GTX 460 768MB version and so far it has been great except for it seems to have funked with my on board sound audio. I have done some research via Google and tried some things. Those are: Go into BIOS before the computer boots up and enable onboard audio. That was...
Veetus Sound Cards 4 04-08-2011 08:14 PM
Installed sound card but no sound?
Recently purchased Asus xonar essence stx sound card and installed it. I got the latest driver from Asus website and rebooted my computer. I plugged my Sennheiser headphones into the headphone amp on the card and I have no sound. The device is installed properly and I see the sound 'waves'...
cheebamaster Sound Cards 1 04-07-2011 03:56 PM
Wireless graphics card takes the desktop out of desktops
Wireless graphics card takes the desktop out of desktops | DVICE http://dvice.com/assets_c/2011/01/wirelessgcard-thumb-550xauto-55264.jpg
McNinja Gaming Discussion 10 02-22-2011 11:25 PM
DirectX Error [moved from Vista/7]
I've been told to run dxdiag, but when I do it says Error: Could not load dxdiagn.dll I've also downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. However, when I attempt to install direct x, this appears: An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXerror.log and DirectX.log in...
eiliant BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-07-2011 01:29 AM