Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

Can't get rid of echo effect

This is a discussion on Can't get rid of echo effect within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm sorry if this is something simple that I'm just not seeing the answer to but I know next

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is something simple that I'm just not seeing the answer to but I know next to nothing about computers. I recently hooked up an older computer of mine and the sound has this unbareable echo effect that I can't figure out how to get rid of. I know it's not my speakers because I've tried connecting three different sets.

If anyone can help me, please let me know. The sound is so annoying it makes listening to music, watching movies, or playing games impossible.

j_j

Old 11-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

Would need computer specs and what software your are using in order to troubleshoot.

Thanks

Pauldo

Old 11-21-2008, 02:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

Depending on the software you have I would suggest (wiythout any information) that you check the "Effects" Tab in your PC software. Have had this problem before and on incorrect settings you will get the echo effect from any speakers you hook up....
Old 11-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
Registered Member

How do I check that?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Registered Member

You should have software w/ your sound card, open the software and ensure that it is set to "No Effects". Effects are, for example, "Theatre", "Auditorium" e.t.c.....

This setting can create the "Echo" effect.....

Can you put the details of the soundcard ? or at least the software that came with it ?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
Registered Member

The computer is over five years old and I don't have the software anymore. When I open 'Sounds and Audio Devices' in the control panel it says SB Audigy Audio [DF80]. Is that what you're looking for?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
Enthusiast

My System

There's no Creative entry in the Control Panel?

Maybe the best way to deal with this is to download current drivers/software and see if that will work. Atleast you will have some settings to fiddle with.

You can find them here.

Pauldo
Old 11-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #8
Registered Member

It's fixed! I'm not exactly sure what I did. I tried updating the driver but it said it was current, which is weird because I haven't used this computer in a few years. Someone else may have, though. I looked for anything in the start menu or on the control panel that said 'Creative' and I opened 'Creative PlaySenter 2' set everything to default and tried to play a music file then a movie and then loaded up a game and the sound seems to be back to normal. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #9
Enthusiast

My System

Glad to hear it.

Closed Thread