Hi, I'm new to this but I really need help...I have an HP laptop with Windows XP - no problems until suddenly all audio started skipping/dragging : music, start - up sound - everything. I've tried everything I could think of:
1. ran anti spy-ware, anti-virus
2. Updated Windows Service Pack.
3. Reinstalled drivers for the conextant audio-link
4. Updated the drivers
5. Tried headphones - the problem is still there.
6. Opened task manager while running Windows Media Player but nothing else seems to be tying up resources.
Does anyone have any other suggestions.
I should probably mention that before this problem start-up suddenly started taking longer and I had an error message about the system recovering from a serious error. A couple times after that the system suddenly froze and restarted on its own. I tried to run a diskcheck and received a message about "not being enough space to repair bad sectors". This problems seems to be resolved but the audio is still skipping!