Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Gadget Support

Pentax Optio S4 malfunction message

This is a discussion on Pentax Optio S4 malfunction message within the Gadget Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All, This is my first post, and hope someone can help me. I have had a Pentax Optio S4

Old 11-05-2004, 03:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hi All,

This is my first post, and hope someone can help me. I have had a Pentax Optio S4 digital camera for nearly a year now, and it has been superb in every way. In a space of an hour a couple of days ago, I got a "Device malfunctioning" message on the computer when I tried to upload photos, and I cannot resolve it. It still takes photos with no problem at all. It is just the connecting and uploading to the computer with the USB cable that will not work. I have searched the computer (OP system XP PRO) for problems and there are none as far as I can see. AV and Spyware is all up-to-date but I have scanned just in case. My Norton System checker shows no problems. So I have no clues at all. Can someone tell me what has malfunctioned in the camera to cause this, and what is involved in repairing it, or is there an adjustment I can do. The user booklet is fine, but only has Troubleshooting for the camera and nothing to do with camera to computer.

Many thanks for any ideas.
Regards
Iris

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Can't send data to modem" error message
hi, I am getting this error message when trying to send one particular fax. I'm using Winfax Pro V. 10.0; windows 2000 Advanced Server. The exact error message is: Can't send data to the modem. Please try powering I found a tech support note on Symantec's web site that described this problem...
patsky Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 1 01-05-2009 05:18 AM
Message in OE from IE link.
When I send a link from IE, the email comes up with the link and this message: The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments: Shortcut to: http://www.techsupportforum.com/ Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or...
edhopper Microsoft Office support 1 08-16-2006 06:21 AM
System running very slow
Hi, I'm new to posting on a forum so bear with me. My system has started running very slow. I have Norton Anti Virus which loads at startup and I regularly run Spybot, Ad-aware, and Spysweeper. When I opened tools in Spybot I noticed a entry in the start up list which had no description but the...
rcalvin Inactive Malware Help Topics 17 08-13-2006 10:22 PM
Error message Explorer.exe application error (0xc0000005) blank desktop
Error message Explorer.exe application error (0xc0000005) I have the same error message Error message Explorer.exe application error (0xc0000005) It seems to have occured after I got infected with some ad ware. I have tried going into windows/system32/wininet.dll and updating the file...
rollandelliott Inactive Malware Help Topics 1 05-29-2006 01:21 PM
error message when installing HP 8500 printer on server
Not sure if this should go in this thread or the networking thread, but I'm running in to a problem installing an HP 8500 color printer on a windows 2003 server set up as a print server. When I get to the last step and the drivers are installing I get this message... Unable to install...
sleemie Printer Support 0 03-13-2006 08:40 AM