Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Gadget Support

MP4 not recognized by computer

This is a discussion on MP4 not recognized by computer within the Gadget Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Yea, so, I just got this cool little device, called mini MP4 player, off of ebay, and it was pretty

Old 04-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Yea, so, I just got this cool little device, called mini MP4 player, off of ebay, and it was pretty cheap, so I figured there would be some problems, but after only three days of use, when I try to connect it to my computer, I get the message "USB device not recognized: one of the usb devices attached to this computer (aka my MP4 player) has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it." It also tells me to try reconnecting the device, and if that doesn't work, replace the device! ***.

It still plays music, and it still charges when connected, but I would like to be able to add/remove songs, y'know?

Help me, please!!

Old 05-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
Registered Member

Solutions..

1- What is the manufacturer/model of it - it may need drivers for your computer to recognise it - try searching google for the manufacturer's website.

2- have you tried connecting it to a different PC and/or with a replacement usb/firewire cable.

3- buy another cheap mp4 player off ebay hoping it wont break next time.

4- chuck it in the bin and return to that trusty old cassette player.